Thursday, July 29, 2010

To Marathon Or Not To Marathon, That Is The Question...

So, I am debating whether I want to run the Grand Rapids Marathon in October. I know I want to run a Marathon, I just don't know when. Originally I was not going to run this year because Molly and Grace take up a lot of my time, but I really think I would be able to make the time commitment this year. I just feel like this is a good time to do it, I am young and healthy and not pregnant! I am just afraid that if I wait, something will happen and I will have to keep putting it off. The problem is there is only 11 weeks left (and Bob doesn't want to have to babysit while I do my long runs, I know it isn't babysitting when it is your children!) I have been doing P90X so I am fit, but I haven't really been running. I think I am going to train for the next couple of weeks and see how it goes. I did 5 miles today and it went very well. I think I am going to try 8 miles or so Saturday.

I still have 4 weeks left of P90X. I didn't really have a very good week, so I am going to repeat this week. With the training schedule for the marathon I am supposed to have a cross training day and two rest days. I think I will have two cross training days where I do my P90X weight lifting dvds and then run the other 4 days instead of doing plyometrics, core synergistics, yoga, and kenpo.

Okay, on to the kiddos. Grace has been real silly lately as usual. She loves water! When we were in Chicago we went to Millennium Park and she played in the water. When we were walking downtown she saw the river and kept saying Gracie go in the water! Now whenever she sees water she asks to go in it! I really need to get her a little kiddie pool for the rest of the summer! She also has been saying things like "in a minute", "tomorrow", and "in a little bit" and it is SO cute. When she says in a little bit, she points her finger up by her mouth and kind of leans into it. I want to get a video of it but she does it randomly so it is hard to catch on video.

Molly hasn't done anything new lately that I can think of. I think she is working on several teeth. I just ordered her some amber teething necklaces, so I can't wait until they get here. I ordered a couple of them on babyhalfoff.com. I've heard good things about them so I hope they help her. I can't believe she is going to be six months old Saturday! I think I am going to start her on cereal next week. She has been a fussy and gassy nurser lately and I have no idea what I've eaten wrong this time! Enjoy the video of Molly in her jumperoo!





1 comment:

  1. I'm training for Detroit, which is the same day as the GR Marathon. If you want someone to train with, let me know since the schedule would be nearly identical if you're following Hal Higdon--we're up to 15 this weekend, then 11. Another friend is running with me. Good luck, if you decide this is the year for it!

    ReplyDelete