Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Catching Up

Let me quickly review my last week. I did okay Thursday, Friday, and during the day Saturday, but then we went out to eat at Don Julios for dinner and I had enchiladas. Then we got ice cream for desert. I got a reese peanut butter cup flurry with frozen yogurt (at least a little better than ice cream right?) Sunday wasn't any better. I did okay again yesterday, but then went out to dinner with my parents tonight at Texas Roadhouse. I WILL eat healthy for the rest of the week.

Saturday we weighed in and measured. I did not lose any inches or body fat percent and only lost about a half pound. It was really depressing to know that I worked hard for 4 weeks and didn't see any progress. I briefly considered quitting, but after 8 weeks of work and only 5 weeks left, I just couldn't do it. I have been thinking about why I didn't see any results, and I think it is a combination of things, not just the diet. I also switched from the lean to the classic program and the lean is supposed to be for burning more fat and the classic for building more muscle. I am going to do better with my diet for these last 5 weeks and I am switching back to the lean program. I am also going to throw in more running when I have the time as well. I need all the cardio I can get to burn this baby belly off!

Now let me share some cute Grace and Molly stories. Grace has been more into singing lately. She can do almost all of her alphabet. It usually goes like this a,b,c,e,f,g, some letters that she says faster like she is saying l m n o p, she picks up with q, and does the rest correctly. It is real cute. I have been trying to get a good video to share, but she just likes to look at herself when I turn the camera on. Silly girl. The other day she was playing on the piano and singing Molly's crazy, Molly's crazy. I am not sure singing is her special gift from God...lol.

Molly has been sweet and cute as usual. I think she is going through a growth spurt at the moment. A few nights this last week she woke up to eat in the middle of the night so the last few days we have been back to nursing every 3 hours or so. I am glad she is going through a growth spurt though. I weighed her last week and she had only gained about 4 ounces in a month and a half. I just weighed her before bed tonight and she is up another 4 ounces. She has her 6 month check up in 2 weeks and I am looking forward to seeing how much she has grown!

On another note, I have been having a productive couple of days. I have been cleaning out closets, our guest room, and my sewing room. It feels good to get rid of stuff and get things organized! I am looking forward to sewing again. I haven't done much since Molly was born and I want to start making and selling stuff again.

Alright, enough for tonight. I will start blogging about my P90X journey again (I am loathe to use that word just because I know it drives Bob crazy, haha) Thanks Jen for keeping an eye on me!

1 comment:

  1. Caleb does the SAME thing with the camera--"I see da pickshers" he says--and his middle alphabet letters are "EmmaMemmoPee." :)

    ReplyDelete