Monday, July 12, 2010

Accountability

Today is the beginning of week eight of P90X. I feel like I haven't made any progress in the last three weeks. I have done all the workouts except three, but I have done a very poor job with my diet. I have pretty much been eating what I want on the weekends and then doing an okay job during the week. I end up working off my weekend during the week. It is good to know that I will be able to maintain my weight doing that once I have finished, but I need to finish first!

At the end of this week we are supposed to weigh in and measure and I almost don't want to. I don't think I have lost any inches. On the plus side, my arm and upper back muscles are looking really good.

I think I am going to take a page out of my best friend Melanie's book and try to blog everyday for the next six weeks. I figure if I have to tell people what I'm eating and how my workouts went then I will be more faithful to the plan. I'll count this as today's.

I had yoga x today and I finished the whole workout! When I get to yoga day, I am really unmotivated and tend to cut the workout short. If I do that I will usually run, but I really want to stick to the workout plan as much as possible.

So far today (through lunch) I have had 700 calories. I had oatmeal and a string cheese for breakfast, yogurt for an after workout snack, and a ham and turkey sandwich with 2% swiss cheese and maple Dijon sauce on light wheat bread and some baked lays for lunch. On a typical day I try to eat about 1800 calories and five "meals" (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner with dessert).

On the average day I burn about 1800 calories just breathing, taking care of the girls, etc. I burn about 300-500 nursing Molly and P90X says I burn about 600 calories doing that exercise. I figure if I consume around 1800 calories that is enough for nursing Molly and I can lose about a pound of fat a week.

Another goal I want to achieve is eating more fruits and vegetables. This week I am going to try to eat four servings a day (at least one veggie). I know that is not nearly enough, but it's a start! So far today I am at zero. :(. I'll check in again tomorrow!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Giddings Ave SE,Grand Rapids,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment