Sunday, January 24, 2010

Getting Ready For Baby

Well, I have been working hard the last week or two trying to finish tasks that I have been wanting to do for quite some time. It has been a last minute rush to finish everything before the baby comes, because I know I won't have the time for quite a while to do the things I want after that baby gets here. The three big projects I finished this week were replacing laundry tabs on all of Grace's diapers, making a diaper bag, and making curtains for Grace's room.

I have had Grace's diapers for 15 months now and I still love them. We use the bumGenius one size pocket diapers. The velcro used to hold the tabs in place while you are washing them just didn't stick anymore and I would end up having to pull them all apart. That is the only thing I have had to fix on her diapers, which is great. I am looking forward to being able to use them for baby #2 as well!

The second project I did this week was making curtains for Grace's room. She had blinds up over two of her windows, but we didn't have the parts to put the blinds up over the third window. It was also still pretty bright in there with just blinds. Besides, pretty curtains are much nicer than plain white blinds. The curtains do a much better job keeping her room dark and I like how they turned out! I also sewed some black cloth on the back of the curtains in the baby's room to make it darker in there as well.

The last big project I did was make a diaper bag. I bought the material to make the diaper bag in February 2009....So sad I know, it took me almost a year to get around to making it! Whenever I would sew I would feel like I had to do my sewing for work instead of for me. I have had the last month off sewing for work so I finally made the time to sew for me!

I really liked how the diaper bag turned out. My goal was not to be ashamed of using it in public, haha. I only had a little trouble at the end, but I made it work and you can't really see that flaw so its okay! It even has pockets! There are three outside pockets and one large and three small inside pockets. I also made a matching changing pad, but that did not turn out so well...I had trouble using bias tape as an edge. I am going to take it apart and make it how I know how to at some point, I was just all sewed out by the time I was done!

Here are some pictures of my diaper bag, Grace's curtain, and of course Grace! I can't wait to see what Grace thinks of her baby brother/sister! She knows where the baby's room is and if you ask her where the baby sleeps she'll walk you to the nursery and point to the crib, such a smarty. Well, enjoy the pictures. I can't wait to post some of the new baby!

My finished diaper bag!

The inside of the diaper bag.

Grace's curtains.

Sitting in the storage bin on the couch. So silly!

Giving mommy cheese while wearing her hat.

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job on the curtains and diaper bag. Isn't it such a relief to be done, and ready. But I just received an email that Molly Joy has arrived. Congratulations!! Can't wait to see pictures.